Few things are more annoying than getting ready to leave for a long drive only to find your battery’s dead. Bad batteries have ruined weekend getaways, long drive plans and hundreds of relationships over the years. We hear most people saying, “You should have invested in a better battery.”
The question here is what is a batter battery? How will you measure the efficiency of a battery? In addition, in what ways can you tell if a new battery is better than your old one? Is it the power, the longevity, or simply the price? Understanding your car battery is just as important as understanding your car. Today, we are here to help you choose the best car battery for your ride.
The ideal life expectancy of a battery
Well, batteries usually come with a label that says they should run for 5-6 years. However, the number of functional years usually depend on how you are taking care of them. Unexpectedly dead batteries can be a result of the following:
- You may have left the lights on over-night.
- Cold weather is the coup de grace of old batteries. Even the best of the lot feel challenged by sub-zero temperatures.
- If you keep your car unused for long, your battery will definitely die on you when you are least expecting it.
- Do not leave phone chargers plugged in or the stereo in limbo after you lock the car.
Like all good things, batteries also demand a little bit of care. We have seen simple lead acetate car batteries run for 10 years and more when properly cared for.
The best car battery
The best battery for you and your car should be the one that fits your car perfectly from all angles. From size to power, everything should be apt for your car model.
- Go for a battery that requires no maintenance. They are usually more expensive than maintenance-required batteries, but they also last longer.
- Choose an automotive battery that matches the starting power requirement of your car.
- Cold cranking amps measure of Cranking Amps below 0º C. they are very necessary if you live in colder climates.
- Buy a battery after noting the location and type of battery terminals. You will need to keep them clean and free from corrosion for best performance.
A combination of all these factors will directly determine which car battery is the best for your automobile. Therefore, what works for your neighbor or your best friend might not work for you.
The best batteries in market
A few of the most trusted brands and battery models as per expert recommendations include -
- Optima Batteries 8004-003 34/78 RedTop Starting Battery
- Optima D35 YellowTop Dual Purpose Car Battery
- ACDelco 94RAGM Professional AGM Car Battery
Wrapping it up
You can call up your car dealership to find out the best battery options for your car. Choose a battery that is well within your budget, does not require electrolyte topping off, does not require maintenance and has a long battery life.